Coursework writing is an imprescriptible part of education in college. Every student starts to get his degree by writing essays, different projects and course works. But in many cases for some reason it is hard for student to realize what a coursework actually is and how does it differ from essay. This article may be helpful for some of these people.
The main difference between an essay and a coursework is that the coursework is a more complicated piece: it is longer, more structured and specific. In most cases it has more instructions for writing, needs to be more formal and includes graphs, charts etc. Courseworks are written according to specific outlines and therefore are more structured than essays.
To write a good course work student should try to follow important instructions:
1) Write an effective executive summary or abstract. The main ideas should be expressed and highlighted in the most understandable way. The topic should also be chosen carefully and reflect the essence of the paper as much as possible.
2) The writer should always stick to his topic of the essay and never shift to something unrelated to the topic or subject. There should be no “water”; every paragraph of the paper is to be directly related to lectures and research materials.
3) The coursework has to be written in the readable formal font such as Times New Romans or Arial, size 10-12. The writer should use subheadings in order to make the paper easier to read and have better structure.
4) In order to get a good grade all the classes where coursework is discussed or related topics are discussed should be attended by student. He is also encouraged to take as much notes as possible to make his further work easier.
5) Most of the times the paper must be written in professional language. Jargon and clich’s have to be avoided and scientific terms used if needed. Statistical analysis and calculations are to be provided whenever it is possible and wanted.
6) Course works are a lot more about practice than about theory. The writer must make a sufficient research on the topic to find specific examples and to support his points.
7) The information provided in the coursework is to be supplemented with charts, graphs, photos, diagrams, pictures and other testimonials that can be useful. Visual aids give a lot more information and take less time to be understood.
8) Never hesitate to ask for help from your professor. Most of the professors in today’s colleges are more than willing to help a student who is seeking knowledge.
Always keep in mind that the guidelines provided above are generalized and you will always need to adjust them to your university or college rules and guidelines. Do NOT ever forget about editing, revising and reviewing your coursework. It will always help to get a better grade when you find mistakes in your paper and correct them. If you have someone who could review your article before turning it in, do it and you will be sure about getting a better grade.