Public speaking is a difficult task for anyone regardless of one’s personality traits. Both extroverts and introverts experience difficulties when giving public presentations because simply being confident is not enough to deliver a good presentation. A successful presentation is one that captures the interest of an audience and delivering one involves preparing a written sample and practicing its delivery. Here is a sample presentation on success in life.
It is important to note that success has different meanings for each of us. A professional athlete might define success as winning a medal in the Olympics while simply qualifying for the Olympics would be viewed as success to other athletes. Irrespective of your definition of what it means to be successful, there is a general mind set and approach you must imbibe to achieve it. It consists of, first of all, thinking positively: are you an optimist or a pessimist? Whichever your answer is, it is important that one understands the power of the mind and how it affects the way we approach tasks. Mastering the act of positivity gives everyone a head start in life regardless of the challenges you might face working to achieve your goals.
You must also be willing to work diligently: in a professional setting, diligence means the ability to work hard and go the extra mile to get your job done. Irrespective of work policies, a diligent worker will always be noticed which could lead to rapid promotions and ultimately a successful career in life.
Setting attainable goals is an important skill for success as well. Breaking down your goals into set categories is one way to stay focused while striving to achieve your aims. To do this, simply divide bulky projects into smaller components and set timeframes for completing each component. Once this is done, you must avoid procrastination when trying to execute the required task. With time, working to achieve set goals by effectively managing your time will become a part of you.
To be successful you have to achieve a good work-life balance: while wealth and financial success increases an individual’s quality of life, a good upbringing and family life elevates the society we live in. Therefore, it is imperative for all who make up the working class to also pay attention to their personal health, happiness and family. Employers are also saddled with the responsibility of ensuring that their workers are provided with enough time to participate in family activities.
You also need to learn to communicate properly. We interact by talking, and developing good interpersonal skills is important for achieving success both in the professional and domestic front. Successful professionals learn to communicate their ideas perfectly through speaking, in writing or by presenting information using PowerPoint. At home, speaking with your close ones and understanding your family’s needs will make communication among family members delightful.
Lastly, striving to do your best in every situation you find yourself ensures that you are on the pathway to success in both your professional and domestic life.
- Christina, D. (2015). 7 Scientifically Proven Ways to Achieve Better Success in Life. Available at: http://www.inc.com/christina-desmarais/7-scientifically-proven-ways-to-achieve-better-success-in-life.html
- Larry, S. (2015). 20 Essential Life Lessons for Happiness and Success. Available at: http://www.forbes.com/sites/laurashin/2014/08/18/20-essential-life-lessons-for-happiness-and-success/#557c24378682
- Kara, H. (2014). How To Be Successful In Life: 13 Tips From The World’s Most Successful People. Available at: http://www.lifehack.org/articles/lifestyle/how-to-be-successful-in-life.html
- Gayle, S. (2014). 10 Characteristics Successful Business Owners Share. Available at: http://www.businessknowhow.com/growth/bizlife.html
- Meiko, P. (2014). 21 Ways to Achieve Wealth and Success. Available at: https://www.entrepreneur.com/article/238630
- Napoleon, H. (1937). Think and Grow Rich, 8-9.
- Carnegie, D. (2011). How To Win Friends and Influence People, 143.